Your Place or Ours
Our Mental Health First Aid Courses can be delivered at your workplace, educational institute or other organisation.
A convenient, cost-effective way to train your managers, HR partners or whole team across the company.
Who is this for?
- 300,000 employees lose their job each year due to long term mental health conditions.
- Males working in construction and decorating are 35% more likely to take their own lives.
- Female nurses are 24% more likely to commit suicide than the national average for women.
- Mental health costs the UK economy between £74 - £99 Billion annually.
- Training together can be a team building experience, giving you the time and opportunity to review policies and procedures relevant to your organisation.
- Choose from our half day, full day or two days regulated qualifications or let us design a course for your specific needs.
For Schools & Universities
- Around 695,000 children aged 5 to 16 in England have a clinically significant mental health condition.
- Our courses are designed to improve awareness of the issues around mental health and wellbeing in young people.
- Suitable for senior students and all of those with pastoral responsibilities in schools, universities and other settings.
- Provides learners with guidance on spotting the potential warning signs (including self-injury, self-harm, eating disorders etc.), as well as advice on suitable courses of action to support those affected.
- A choice of three different courses depending on your level of need.
- Each year 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health condition
- In the workplace, 1 in 6 employees experience common mental health issues
- Research shows that workplace stress in the biggest barrier to people performing at their best
- Poor mental health effects family and loved ones of the person who is suffering from mental health conditions.
- These courses are ideal for small business owners and managers who need a greater understanding of mental health and how to support your colleagues and employees
Also suitable to individuals and family members of those affected by a mental health condition and wanting a greater understanding of how to support them and get the right help.
Regulated Mental Health First Aid Training
Regulated Courses Businesses & Individuals
(Level 1 RQF)
Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
Raise awareness of mental health in the workplace and create an environment to reduce stigma and discrimination.
Teach staff how to recognise and manage their own stress levels.
Equip your managers or all staff with the skills to identify the signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions in the workplace.
(Level 2 RQF)
Award in First Aid for Mental Health
Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health.
Equip your managers and appointed staff with the skills to identify the signs and symptoms of a broad range of mental health conditions in the workplace including substance abuse.
Learn how to support staff with mental health issues and when to escalate and signpost to other services.
(Level 3 RQF)
Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
For organisations needing to have an identified person as a mental health first aider, which is becoming a gold standard within the industry.
Know how to provide advice and practical support for an employee or colleague presenting a suspected mental health condition
Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
No Stigma Courses for Schools & Education
Youth Mental Health, Aware
An Ofqual Regulated course
Perfect for teachers and students over the age of 14 years.
Identify the stigma & discrimination surrounding young people’s mental health problems.
Provide advice and practical support to someone experiencing mental health issues.
Promote positive mental health in schools and education.
Youth Mental Health, Award
An Ofqual Regulated course
This course is perfect for inset training days and busy private schools’ timetables.
Builds on the Youth Aware course syllabus
Learners will be able to identify signs of depression, anxiety, bipolar, eating disorders, suicide, self-harm and substance abuse
Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and put this into practice.
Youth Mental Health, Expert
An Ofqual Regulated course
Aimed at schools and educational organisations that wish to have appointed teachers, tutors or students over the age of 16 as mental health champions and first aiders
Understand a wider range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by a professional healthcare provider.
Learn to have those difficult conversations and when mental health becomes an emergency.
Data Source (Word Health Organisation)
The Facts Speak for Themselves
Mental health is every person’s business. Every one of us experiences times when we feel lower in mood or stressed and those feelings often pass. However, sometimes they can develop into a more serious problem and it could happen to any of us.
Our mental health changes as circumstances change and we move through our life. Some people call mental health, ‘’emotional health’’ or ‘’wellbeing’’ but it is just as important as our physical health.
By caring for our mental health, we can make the most of our potential, play a full part in family life, enjoy friendships and cope in the workplace.